Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And here we go...

This is now the primary blog for me.  

A week into my new career of joining the ranks of the unemployed, I am having fun while at the same time finding life without the routine of the daily grind a bit frightening.  That's the best way I can describe it right now.

The perks:
  1. I have come to enjoy being on the bike more than I have in a long while.  No longer worried about "getting caught" dumping work for a ride even though I had open permission to do so. Stupid to worry in that regard, I know.
  2. Getting to catch up on things I normally put off for a good long while...like car washing, laundry, lawn mowing, etc.  Hopefully I'll get better at getting these things done too.
  3. Amazing support from amazingly good people whom I am fortunate enough to call my family and friends.  A sincere and heartfelt thank you to you all.
  4. More time to ride.  More time for golf.
The drawbacks:
  1. Everything is on hold.  New bike.  Classes for the kids.  Frivolous yet fun little purchases. Everything.
  2. Decisions.  What should I do, where should we go?  Is it to find a job as fast as possible or get back in school for something new and completely different?
  3. More time to be lazy.
Any way...I am going to use this space just to document how things progress.  I already had to delete one blog about this time a week ago.  So I know it's a pretty easy solution to get this offline if immediately necessary.

Hope everyone out in bloggerville is having a good Wednesday!  I'll be in touch.

No comments: