Thursday, September 10, 2009

A New Chapter

It's been a while since the last post. It's also been a while since I've put any photos up on Flickr.

A lot has happened.

Foremost, my Trek has given up the ghost. Actually it's just the rear shifter. But alas, 9-speeds are sooooo 2000 and we have the new 2010 goodies already swooping down upon us. I too will soon be astride a resplendent new vehicle of pedicular transportation. While most definitely not the bike of my dreams, it is a great looking steed with impeccable value and great components. It's light, I'll make it fast, and it will be fun to be on something mine and new.

She should arrive just in time for the Red River Rally and until
then, we'll be cruising along in single-speed mode.

The job hunt is on-going and the hope is that his new bike's manufacturer will come calling after everyone has their fun in Las Vegas-land without me. But that's
ok, instead of drooling, dodging cigarette smoke, and wishing I with others than whom I would be accompanying from Kentucky, I will be riding. Riding here, riding there, riding everywhere.

I'm definitely going to get my money's worth out of these new wheels.


No comments: